Saturday 10 July 2010

Day Six: The First Ever Venice Fan Event

Day Six

Oh my what a day today was: The first ever Venice Fan Event. I didn’t know what I was expecting, I certainly wasn’t expecting to be up on the podium, sitting next to Jessica answering questions and signing autographs. People actually wanted my autograph?!? As Jessica would very sweetly and adorably exclaim: “Shut yo mouth!” But that is indeed what I found myself doing. How wonderful and generous of Crystal and Kimmy to include me in this, me who is just a fan who had a crazy idea. I have no words sufficient to describe my love and admiration for these exquisite human beings. And then Crystal actually came up to me and asked me how I was doing – just… I have no words…

Crystal riding in on the back of her dear friend was a rather awesome way to start the event, as was Jessica picking up the microphone upside down when she heard about the nipple rumour for the love scene (incidentally to be shot tomorrow). Jen Foster did a set for us and she is incredible. She totally pulled me in with her melody, her voice, her performance and I’m so buying her music ‘cause she got talent! That was followed by a two hour signing and at the end of that I was woozy I was so tired. How Crystal has managed to do this week is beyond me, because she then went straight on to the podcast and came back into the greenroom, only to be chased around by Michelle (that was rather entertaining, I must say)

And how awesome to meet all these people who I’ve tweeted, followed, been tweeted by! Such a great community, such a great energy! Thank-you to all of you for being so kind to me when I’m sure in your position I wouldda wanted to climb over me to get to Jessica!!!

I will be on set tomorrow for the morning only, I will, of course be tweeting… J

xxAnita

2 comments:

  1. Lucky girl! Good for you!! :)
    And i insist, the next fan event IN EUROPE!!!! xddd

    ReplyDelete
  2. i hope the fan events will be yearly!

    ReplyDelete