Sunday 29 November 2009

I'm so totally Chappelled...

Well I have been for a while, but today I am referring to a tweet I got :)

I uploaded another Bid for Venice video in which I come out to Team Venice and had the wonderful fortune of being on-line today when Crystal was waiting for her plane. I tweeted her the link, believing that she probably wouldn't check it out and certainly no respond it even if she did... but oh how I was wrong! Perhaps I should not be so astonished? After all Crystal and Co. have been nothing short of amazing when it comes to interacting with us fans. They really seem to care. They listen, they play along with us, they watch our tribute videos and enjoy them!

This sort of involvement with the fans is something I've never experienced before. The mere fact that I can log on to twitter and know that I can contact them directly - ask a question, send a link or show my utter admiration has been a revelation to me. After all, as you will find out in my latest vid, I come from little 'ole New Zealand, those wee islands all the way down to the south, four hours from Australia, twelve from LA and a whole day away from the UK. The physical isolation has meant that the stars I grew up watching were always distant and far away. The easy way in which people could, for example, hop over to the Vegas event happening next weekend and meet their favourite stars has always been, until now, a surreal, non-relevant experience for me. It just doesn't happen in my world. (to steal a GL quote...)

But now it IS happening. Through the unbelievably generous nature of Team Venice we have been given the opportunity of going along for the Venice ride. They've asked our opinions, they've shared photos, they've encouraged music and logo submissions. They've titillated us (see how I slipped that one in, Crystal?) with V panty pics and through all this become the nucleus of a warm and loving fan community. I am bowled over.

Crystal's tweet epitomises that to me. She not only watched my video but she took the time to tweet me back with "love u, adorable". This woman who has been on my TV screen for two decades, one of those untouchable, somewhere out there actresses is now immediate and accessible. And to that I say THANK-YOU Crystal and THANK-YOU Team Venice. You are a gift.

Now I'm gonna slink over to my corner and squeeeee like the fan girl that I am... OMG she said 'love u'!!!!!!! I'm so totally CHAPELLED!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment